DALLAS, March 26, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Keeping America connected is what we've always done and what we'll always do. As the country navigates the COVID-19 health crisis, AT&T* is continuing its commitment to its employees, customers and first responders by providing several relief offerings.
The latest on what we're doing can be found on our AT&T COVID-19 website.
Support for our Employees
- 20% Bonus – AT&T will pay a 20 percent bonus above the regular hourly base rate to our front-line union employees
- Paid Leave – AT&T is offering excused time off up to a total of 160 hours for:
- Employees who have tested positive for COVID-19 and remain quarantined
- Employees who are at higher risk due to an underlying health condition
- Parents or guardians of children whose schools or daycares have closed and another childcare option is not yet available
- Primary caregiver for a family member diagnosed with COVID-19 who is unable to provide self-care
Support for First Responders
- FirstNet – At no additional charge, public safety agencies on FirstNet have access to a dedicated fleet of 76 deployable cell sites
- Waived Fees – Through an agreement with the Navy Exchange Command that meets federal guidelines and ethics policies, AT&T is helping military personnel stationed on selected Navy ships make calls to their loved ones through April 30 at no cost to the Navy or its sailors
Support for Customers During this Crisis
- Unlimited AT&T Home Internet – all AT&T customer home internet wireless customers, as well as fixed wireless internet, can use unlimited internet data
- Internet Access for Limited Income Households – AT&T has expanded its Access from AT&T initiative to the National School Lunch Program and Head Start; new Access from AT&T customers will receive two months of free service
- Waived Fees – For a limited time, AT&T is waiving late fees upon request for consumer and small business wireless, home phone, and broadband customers experiencing hardships because of COVID-19 and overage fees for those customers who have shared data wireless plans
- Free Programming
- AT&T is adding select premium channels to packages on a "free preview" basis:
- SHOWTIME: 3/20-3/26
- STARZ: 3/26-4/2
- EPIX: 4/2-4/15
- HBO and CINEMAX: 4/17-4/20
- Additionally, free previews of more than 80 channels, including 30 in Spanish-language, have been added to all packages to keep customers entertained and informed. Full list can be found here.
Support for Education
- Distance Learning Fund – AT&T has committed $10 million to support distance learning
- Wireless Broadband Connectivity & Content Management solution – Through May 23, AT&T is offering schools 60 days of unlimited wireless data and AccessMyLan services at no cost to qualified schools activating new eligible data-only lines for laptops, tablets and hotspots
- SETDA - AT&T is supporting the State Educational Technology Directors Association (SETDA) as it develops communication tools for parents, teachers, and school boards to help them handle school closures and the increase in virtual learning
- ESCUELA+ in LatAM – AT&T has added the Escuela+ channel to all Spanish-speaking parts of Latin America
- Khan Academy - AT&T is collaborating with Khan Academy to provide new online learning resources so that parents, teachers, students and caregivers have easy self-service tools at hand
- Caribu – AT&T will underwrite 60 days of free and unlimited use of Caribu, an app that enables families to connect through a video-call to read books, draw and learn together in real-time no matter where they are
Support for Businesses
- AT&T World Connect Advantage – For a limited time, business customers currently on or who purchase an AT&T World Connect Advantage package receive 50% off the current rate (max bill credit $7.50/mo.)
- Helping Businesses Work Remotely – Businesses can keep their teams connected through conference calls and video conferencing with Cisco Webex Meetings with AT&T, and seamlessly forward calls to both mobile and landline phones with AT&T IP Flexible Reach
*About AT&T Communications
We help family, friends and neighbors connect in meaningful ways every day. From the first phone call 140+ years ago to mobile video streaming, we innovate to improve lives. We have the nation's fastest wireless network.** And according to America's biggest test, we have the nation's best wireless network.*** We're building FirstNet just for first responders and creating next-generation mobile 5G. With a range of TV and video products, we deliver entertainment people love to talk about. Our smart, highly secure solutions serve nearly 3 million global businesses – nearly all of the Fortune 1000. And worldwide, our spirit of service drives employees to give back to their communities.
AT&T Communications is part of AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T). Learn more at att.com/CommunicationsNews.
AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc. Additional information about AT&T products and services is available at about.att.com. Follow our news on Twitter at @ATT, on Facebook at facebook.com/att and on YouTube at youtube.com/att.
© 2020 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. AT&T, the Globe logo and other marks are trademarks and service marks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
**Based on analysis by Ookla® of Speedtest Intelligence® data average download speeds for Q3 2019. Ookla trademarks used under license and reprinted with permission.
***GWS OneScore, September 2019.
1 After 22GB, AT&T may temporarily slow data speeds if the network is busy. For select data plans only. Free after bill credits for data plan ($50/mo.; max credit $100) and AccessMyLAN svc ($9.99/mo.; max credit $19.98). Restr'ss apply. Details here.